Round trip from the mountain station of the steepest funicular railway in the world via Chruteren, Holibrig back to the starting point.
Distance 10.4 km
Take the Ringstrasse to Skilift Sternegg. From there, take the gravel road via Sternegg, Restaurant Klingenstock to Brunnerboden. Continue straight on towards Chruteren. A difficult ascent begins at Alp Metzghütte. Then continue towards Firrenboden. From there head to Unterbäch, then to Holibrig and back to the mountain station of the Schwyz Stoos funicular railway.
AuthorStoos-Muotatal Tourismus / Schwyzer Wanderwege
Update: May 06, 2021
Rest StopLandgasthof Adler
Seminar- und Wellnesshotel Stoos
Gasthaus Restaurant Balmberg mit Mosi-Bar
Restaurant Skihaus Ibach
Bastards Place Pub
Hotel Restaurant Post
Berghotel Restaurant Stoos Hüttä
Safety informationDo not leave the hiking route.
Tips and hints
Stoosbahnen AG, 041 818 08 08
Getting thereBy car on the A4 to the Schwyz exit, then in the direction of Muotathal to the valley station of the large Schwyz-Stoos funicular or by car turn onto Morschacherstrasse (at Wolfsprung), then follow the signs to Morschach and continue to the valley station of the small Morschach-Stoos aerial cableway.
ParkingParking is available at the valley station of the Schwyz-Stoos funicular and the Morschach-Stoos aerial cableway.
32T 474658 5202753
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentRain jacket, drink & food.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view