Rest StopAlpwirtschaft Zwäcken
Restaurant Gipfelstubli Rotenflue
Safety informationThe route does not yet have any service points for bike repairs. You should therefore carry the appropriate kit for minor repairs. Accepted "trail tolerance" guidelines apply to the entire tour:
"Walkers and mountain bikers use the same paths without restrictions. This is made possible by a tolerant and considerate attitude on all sides. Mountain bikers slow down to walking pace when overtaking and stop when encountering walkers on narrow paths to make way for them. Mountain bikers brake carefully to avoid blocking the wheels and damaging the trails; they also do not leave the trails. Walkers accept mountain bikers as equal users of the path and give way wherever possible and reasonable."
Tips and hintsIf the weather looks uncertain, consult the cableways' websites www.hoch-ybrig.ch (visitor information: +41 55 414 17 56 or +41 55 414 60 60) and www.mythenregion.ch (+41 41 819 70 00) before setting off. When planning your trip, factor in the lunch breaks of the Hoch-Ybrig chairlifts.
You can purchase tickets for both areas' cableways at the lower termini of the Rickenfluebahn cableway in Rickenbach / SZ and Laucheren chairlift in Oberiberg / SZ. Cost: CHF 38 per person including bike transport. Children up to 16 pay CHF 14 per person including bike transport. This price includes one ascent on the Rotenfluebahn cableway and one on the Laucheren and Sternen chairlifts.
Annual ticket holders of one of the regions can also purchase a day ticket for the other region at either terminus at the regular rates (CHF 19 / CHF 7). Hoch-Ybrig annual ticket holders pay an additional CHF 10 for the transport of bikes on the Rotenfluebahn cableway.
Getting thereStart: Rotenfluebahn cableway Rickenbach/SZ
Take the A4 motorway to the Seewen/Schwyz exit. Then main road via Schwyz to Rickenbach and the Rotenfluebahn.
Start: Laucheren lower terminus, Hoch-Ybrig in Oberiberg/SZ
Take the A3 motorway from Zurich to the Richterswil exit (junction 37) or from Chur to the Schindellegi exit (junction 39). Then main road to Einsiedeln and Unteriberg. At Unteriberg turn left to Oberiberg for the Laucheren chairlift.
Small fee-paying car park at the Rotenfluebahn. If full, see here: http://www.mythenregion.ch/sommer/info/anreise/parkplatz-rotenfluebahn/
The large car park by the terminus is free for holders of a valid chairlift ticket.
EquipmentThe usual mountain bike equipment. A full-suspension MTB increases the fun factor on this route!
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.