An MTB tour offering wonderful views of the Muota valley and Schwyz valley basin. It includes a great ascent from the valley floor to Alp Wannen and thrilling descents to the lower terminus of the Schwyz/Schlattli-Stoos funicular railway.
Distance 31 km
This richly varied tour takes place amid the imposing mountains of Central Switzerland. It leads through the familiar Muota valley up to Stoos through glorious tracts of woodland and past lush meadows, then via Oberschönenbuch with superb vantage points back to where you started.
AuthorStoos-Muotatal Tourismus / Schwyzer Wanderwege
Update: May 06, 2021
Rest StopLandgasthof Adler
Seminar- und Wellnesshotel Stoos
Restaurant Skihaus Ibach
Alpkäserei Pfyl Tröligen
Safety informationYou will have to dismount for a short while between Alp Wannen and Laubgarten (1620 m). Walkers may well be encountered on the descents, especially between Stoos and Morschach. The route is waymarked in one direction only.
Tips and hintswww.schweizmobil.ch/de/mountainbikeland/routen/route-0801.html
Getting thereLeave the motorway at the Schwyz exit and follow the signs for Stoos/Muotathal.
ParkingThere are enough parking spaces available at the bottom station of the funicular railway.
32T 475108 5204201
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentRain jacket, drink & food.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view